Saturday 6 February 2016

Chapter 23 -" The Way to Nowhere" - preceding chapters may be accessed by clicking on "2015" in the Archives on the right of the page, then scrolling down every page that opens after clicking on "Older Posts" at the bottom of every page.



                                                   Chapter 23
             


         The goal to be reached is the mind’s insight into what knowing is
Hegel                                                                





I was to remain in Indonesia for seven years. I learned to speak bahasa Indonesia well enough to communicate with market venders, bus conductors, shop-keepers and passing girlfriends. In 1992 I applied for a job to work for Saudi Arabian Airlines teaching Saudi trainee pilots and mechanics in Jeddah. Before leaving, I had known an Englishman who had become a Moslem and taken the name Suleiman. He was living at the Subud Centre in south Jakarta and had applied to go to Saudi Arabia as an English teacher, working for Saudia. However, he fell on the steps of the mosque in Jeddah and after a spell in hospital decided to give up his position and return to Indonesia. He told me about his experience working for the airlines and I felt that the time had come for me to make a change in my life.............................................

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D0KACX6?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660


No comments:

Post a Comment